Whether you’re business is small or large, and whether it’s a startup or well-established, you have valuable intangible assets that should be protected with trademarks.
Your business name, brand names, product names, logos, package designs, slogans, colors, sounds, and more can be federally registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) so only you can exploit them for profit in the marketplace.
You wouldn’t let someone else take your physical assets to sell them for profit, but if you haven’t taken the steps to identify and protect your trademarks, you’re letting other people profit from your intangible assets. Don’t do it anymore!
Take the First Step to Protect Your Innovation and Profits
The first step to making sure only you profit from your innovation is to register your trademarks. You’ll learn everything you need to know about trademarks in the Trademarks Step-by-Step video course from Innovation to Profits.
Your Business is at Risk if You Don’t Register Your Trademarks
If you don’t protect your trademark-able intangible assets, you’re putting your business at risk. Eventually, your profits will fall or they’ll be severely limited.
Imagine what would happen if you learn one day in the future that you have to stop using the brand name you’ve had for years because someone else owns the trademark for it. How much would it cost you to rebrand?
Some of the expenses you’d have to pay out of pocket include:
- Pulling products from store shelves
- Depleting or destroying inventory
- Recreating all of your marketing and advertising
- Rebuilding brand awareness
- Legal fees and fines
- And more
As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
In other words, registering your trademarks today is a very small investment compared to what it would cost you to change your brand in the future.
Reduce Your Risks by Learning about Trademarks for Business with the Trademarks Step-by-Step Video Course
Now, you can learn how to protect your intangible assets, your innovation, and your profits by taking the beginner’s Trademarks Step-by-Step course created specifically for business people, not lawyers.
Don’t delay! The course is being offered at a special introductory price of just $79.99. Where else can you learn everything you need to know about trademarks for your business from a seasoned intellectual property attorney at such a low price?
What You’ll Get
The course consists of 9 lessons led by intellectual property attorney and Innovation to Profits Founder and CEO Kelley Keller, Esq. (learn more about your instructor below).
The course includes 60 minutes of content, which has been professionally produced and is delivered through an interactive learning management system. This is not just a homemade YouTube video!
You’ll also receive bonus content including:
- Trademark infographic to help you create strong marks that are highly protectable.
- Trademark Identification and Protection Worksheet that you can download and use to track all of your trademarks to ensure they’re properly documented, registered, and maintained.
As you progress through the course, you’ll answer review questions and test your knowledge in a final review quiz to ensure you fully understand all of the important information provided in the nine lessons.
When you complete the course, you’ll receive a personalized Certificate of Completion so you can proudly display your accomplishment.
What You’ll Learn
The course learning objectives for the Trademarks Step-by-Step course read like the syllabus for a college course. Take a look at each content-packed lesson:
Lesson 1: What is a Trademark?
In this introductory lesson, you’ll learn:
- What a trademark is in layman’s terms
- How to differentiate between the types of trademarks
- What can be trademarked
- Relevant laws that affect trademarks and your business
Lesson 2: Why Does a Trademark Matter to Your Business?
This lesson focuses on trademark and business value. You’ll learn:
- How to identify problems that could arise if you don’t secure trademarks for your business
- What the business value of a trademark is
- The role of employees in protecting trademarks
Lesson 3: Distinguishing between a Trademark and a Trade Name
In this lesson, you’ll learn about one of the most common mistakes that business people make:
- The difference between trademarks and trade names
- Why the difference matters to your business
Lesson 4: Choosing a Strong Trademark
Not all trademarks are created equal. In this lesson you’ll learn:
- What it means for a mark to be distinctive
- The levels of trademark distinctiveness
- The risks of choosing a non-distinctive mark
Lesson 5: Conducting a Trademark Search and Evaluating Results
The importance of a comprehensive trademark search cannot be stressed enough! In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What a trademark search is
- How to choose between conducting the search yourself or using an attorney or legal document services provider to conduct the search
Lesson 6: Applying for Trademark Registration
When you’re ready to apply for your trademark, you’ll find the application process explained in this lesson. You’ll learn:
- What you need to have on hand to apply for a trademark registration
- How to determine if you should file your application yourself or work with an attorney or legal document services provider
Lesson 7: Waiting for a Response to Your Trademark Application
The process isn’t over when you submit your trademark application. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What happens after you submit your trademark application
- What to do if the response to your trademark application is positive
- What to do if the response to your trademark application is negative
Lesson 8: How to Use Your Trademark
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to use your trademark so it’s properly protected, including:
- How to use trademark symbols
- What happens if you don’t use your trademark
- The right and wrong ways to use your trademark
Lesson 9: Monitoring and Protecting Your Trademark
Once your mark is registered, you still need to monitor and protect it. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How to maintain and monitor your trademark over time
- What to do if someone infringes on your trademark
Register now to get instant access to all 9 lessons and
the bonus materials for just $79.99!
Meet Your Instructor – Kelley Keller, Esq.
Kelley Keller is an intellectual property attorney, speaker, and educator with two decades of experience in the IP field. Through Innovation to Profits, she works with individuals and businesses in a wide variety of industries helping them transform their ideas, knowledge, and innovation into valuable business assets that drive profits.
Kelley began her intellectual property career with “boots on the ground” working for seven years with the National Intellectual Property Law Institute, a former “think tank” in Washington, D.C. She traveled to nearly 20 countries, including China, Turkey, Malaysia, and South Africa, working with U.S. and foreign embassies and high level government, academic, industry, and judicial personnel on issues related to IP and global trading.
She spent the next five years working for two of the largest IP law firms in the Washington, D.C. area. Kelley has extensive experience in preparing, filing, and prosecuting matters before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office. She has worked on legal transactions in over 200 jurisdictions around the world, including transactions with megabrands like DISNEY, TOYOTA, SAFEWAY, and VERIZON. In 2010, Kelley opened her own intellectual property law firm, The Keller Law Firm. She also writes about IP and social media law for numerous online and offline publications.
Ready to Learn How to Protect Your Business? Sign up Today to Get the Low Introductory Price
With an intellectual property attorney as your instructor and the depth of material in this course, we could easily charge thousands of dollars to deliver this course at corporations or business events. However, the goal of Innovation to Profits is to ensure all business people have access to the education they need to fully protect their valuable intellectual property. That’s why we’re offering the Trademarks Step-by-Step video course at the lowest price possible.
For a limited time, the Trademarks Step-by-Step video course is being offered at just $79.99.
Sign up now before the introductory discount period ends!
Just click the Sign Up button to visit the course page where you’ll learn how to register for a free Innovation to Profits Student Account. Once registered, you can view our course catalog and purchase the Trademarks Step-by-Step video course at the special $79.99 price.
Latest posts by Kelley Keller (see all)
- America’s 50 Richest Self-Made Women Includes Innovators and Entrepreneurs - May 30, 2015
- Copyright Infringement or Fair Use for the House Judiciary Committee? - March 24, 2015
- New USPTO Website to Launch on February 5, 2015 - January 23, 2015